I hope to post pictures of my classroom VERY soon. I teach in a district that is extremely strict about the look and feel of your classroom, so unfortunately many of my beautiful Pinterest and blog-inspired things were not allowed to enter my classroom :(
On a more happy, though.... I have been nominated for a Liebster Award! Thank you to 2 Super Teachers for the nomination! This award helps bloggers with less than 200 followers find other new blogs! Wahoo :)
Here are the Rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.5. You cannot "tag back" the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.
Here are 11 random things about myself:
1. I always put lotion on my hands after washing them. always.
2. I love to cook and bake.
3. I never enjoyed reading books growing up, probably because I never had teachers who inspired me to reading when I was younger.
4. I have a set of webbed toes!
5. My dream is to make a living selling products for teachers....not quitting my day job anytime soon!
6. I am a savvy shopper...I'm a coupon-clipper--always looking to save a few bucks!
7. LOVE my UGGs all winter long...and my flip-flops all summer long!
8. I never take a break to eat lunch in the teacher room- it's a working lunch for me!
9. I am an organized freak and it rubs off on my students :)
10. I need my coffee every morning. Cream only :)
11. I'd give up tv any day, but can't go without my computer!
Here are the answers to the questions from my nominator (2 Super Teachers):
1. This is my second year teaching full-time
2. I started my blog this past July...so, 4 months (but I haven't been very good about keeping it up)
4. I honestly don't have any time to read for enjoyment right now...I spend all of my free-time reading Lucy Calkins' unit of studies for reader's and writer's workshop....
5. I love me some Thai Food...chicken pad thai, yumm-o
7. Shopping, crafting, and designing on the computer!
8. Not yet...
9. 2nd and 3rd
10. Seattle, Washington to visit my sister, brother-in-law, and adorable nephew!
11. Yes :)
Here are the 11 questions for the blogs I am nominating:
1. Why did you want to be a teacher?
2. What is your favorite subject to teach?
3. What's your favorite thing to do on your days off?
4. How does your grade level plan together?
5. What is your favorite blog for inspiration?
6. What are you afraid of?
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
8. What is one teaching area you are working on improving this year?
9. What is your favorite vacation spot?
10. How long do you spend getting ready for work in the morning?
11. Do you pack a lunch or buy?
Here are the blogs that I am nominating:
Adventures in First with Mrs. Key
Owl Inspire You
Creative Lesson Cafe
For the Love of First Grade
First Grade with a Twist
The Blessed Teacher
The Paper Maid
Trendy in Third
Don't forget to leave me a comment with a link back to your blog so that I can learn about you!!
I also wanted to announce my Cyber Monday TPT Sale!