Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Monday Made It #2!

Okay, so I may be two days late, but better late than never!!!

I'm again linking up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics for her Monday Made It Linky Party!





If you've made something for your classroom that you'd like to share, click on the picture above to link up!

My first Monday Made It is another inspiration from Pinterest as well as from many of you who have shared yours as a Monday Made It. 


My color scheme for my classroom (which I don't have yet) this year is going to be green and blue with hints of black and possibly pink :) I flipped the letters over and traced them on the back of scrapbook paper, cut out the traced shape, sprayed the letters with spray adhesive, and placed the scrapbook paper on them. I plan on mod-podging them for extra durability! 

My second Monday Made It this week is some pillow covers I have been working on with my Great Aunt Lillian (she's pretty crafty with the sewing machine and has been teaching me some of her skills!)



I plan on using these for my reading area in the classroom. I used this tutorial to get a basic idea of how much fabric I would need and what steps to take. They were pretty easy, although my Aunt and I are perfectionists and like to chat as we work, so each set did end up taking us about 3 hours! I bought the fabric at Jo-Anns (using a 40% off coupon, of course!). I bought 1 yard of each fabric (4 pillows total) and still have enough fabric to make one of those cute pennant banners that are all over Pinterest! Yay- that's a future Monday Made It :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your letters and your pillow covers! Great work! I'm a new follower...drop by and check out my blog sometime!

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nichole!! Loving your blog and your Monday Made Its this week too! Just started following :)

      Delete
  2. I am loving those pillows! They are almost too cute to send to school!! I saw your note on my blog about the shared journal covers; they are now available on TpT. I'm your newest follower!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was thinking the same thing...maybe I'll have to make some to keep at home :)

      Thank you for the upload to TPT-- I'm heading over now to pick them up!!

      Delete
  3. I love your READ letters! And the color scheme is too cute :)

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    I'm having a 2-0-0 follower giveaway - come on by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these letters! Never thought about those for my classroom!

    I'm hosting a giveaway...come on over and follow me!

    Keeping It Core

    ReplyDelete